Netgear Wireless Router Setup – Gone are the days when a CD comes with your router for easier installation, a new range of Netgear Routers relies on wireless networking. Thus the wireless connectivity has gained the popularity of Router in the household and business networking. It is beneficial to improve mobility by eliminating the cables trap. Regardless the size of your business, you can connect all kind of devices using wireless networking.
Another benefit of wireless setup, it not only improves the connectivity but also works to secure your data from spying and uninvited guest users with everyday maintenance. But these benefits can only be gained if you have followed its accurate Netgear Wireless Router Setup. For this, go ahead
Follow these easy steps to do Netgear Wireless Router Setup
- Start to connect the modem to your Netgear Router with Ethernet Cable. It should be from Modem WAN port to Router’s Yellow port
- Take another Ethernet cable, connect its one end to your computer and another end to the any of four LAN ports.
- Restart all the connected devices. When you restart, it will take a couple of minutes, wait till the light becomes solid green.
- Now, open any browser installed on the device where you want to access router login.
- Type default IP address 192.168.0.1, if it is not accessing the router login page then type 192.168.1.1 and press enter. (If you don’t remember the IP address, you can also type www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net).
- Once you have reached the correct default gateway, it may ask you username and password, which is ‘admin’ by default unless you change it.
- Click on ‘Log In’ option, if there is a problem in login then you might change the password, so opt for Router Reset and start the whole process again or if you have successfully logged in then go forward.
- Open the ‘Setup Wizard’ and take time to detect the type of your internet connection.
- Click on ‘Yes’ and then click on ‘Next’ option.
- Netgear will auto-detect internet connection type, mostly it shows the DHCP (Dynamic IP) connection type.
- Once your connection type is selected, your Netgear Router will automatically guide you to Netgear Router Setup
- Click on ‘Wireless Settings’ and select ‘SSID’ for your network.
- Next is the ‘Security Option’, click on the recommended one that could be ‘WPA-PSK’ (Wi-Fi protected access pre-shared key)
- Click on ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
- If your network is unable to detect the modem then restart all the devices once again.
To check whether you are connected to the internet or not, you can also open the Maintenance > Router status> IP address. If it shows a valid IP address, it means you are connected.
Access Router Login on the Wireless Device or Genie App
So, once the Netgear Router Wireless Setup has been done, you can access the setting on any wireless device or if you already have Genie App Registration then you can access router login on your app following these steps in beginning.
- Get your wireless device and keep on your Wi-Fi connection manager, find the Wi-Fi network of your Netgear Router.
- It will ask for the security key, enter the secret password and click on the ‘Ok’ option
- Now go to either Netgear Genie App or browser and type the IP address > username and password > login.
- You have accessed the routerlogin admin page.
Now you can make the changes, repair the settings and keep all over the maintenance.